Sun Java version 7 Update 9

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Oct 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Today, I lost the Sun Java Icon in the Windows XP Pro "Control Panel" after the Sun Java 7 Update 9 installation.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? All I can find related to the Sun Java version 7 Update 9 is the entry in the Windows Add/Remove. This problem is the same on two of my three Windows XP Pro PC's. I have not yet updated the third Windows XP Pro PC.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

It still appears in Win8 following update 9, so it should be in XP still. Download full installer and reinstall on top

3. TheKid7

Thanks.

Installing on top with the Full Installer fixed the problem on both PC's. I decided to use the Full Installer to update the third PC. All three PC's are now updated and all three PC's have the Sun Java Control Panel Icon.

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I always get and use the full installer (offline version), and had no problems with installation or with that Control Panel icon.

One odd thing, despite warnings from others I don't remember seeing the toolbar option this time around. If I missed the opt-out, where do I look for it so I can remove it?

5. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I don't think you missed the opt out, I updated 4 machines last night, and didn't see it either.

6. TheKid7

The two PC's that I updated had installation of the Ask Toolbar option selected by default. I selected not to install the Ask Toolbar. I did not see a toolbar option when I used the Offline Full Installer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.