Suggestion: "exclude on restore" option.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by WraithTDK, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WraithTDK

WraithTDK Registered Member

Today, EAV incorrectly identified a password retrieval program as a virus. I understand why. It's made to recover people's passwords, a common activity for trojan viruses. But I works as an on-site computer technician, and I'm lucky if two weeks go by where I don't encounter someone who doesn't know their passwords (why the heck is it SO difficult for people to record these things in a neat, orderly fashion, and keep it somewhere you'll REMEMBER it?!) So I went to EAV's quarantine, and I restored it. Twenty seconds later, it identified it again, and put it right back IN quarantine. I had to manually add it to the exclusions list.

It seems to me that when someone restores something from quarantine, they know that EAV considers it a threat, but still wants it. So why not provide the user with a prompt asking if they want to add it to the exclusions list, so that they don't have to keep restoring it, and or go into the control panel and add it manually. It would also be nice to have a check box under advanced controls to turn off the prompt, so that if you restore somethign from quarantine, it's automatically excluded from future scans.

2. krypton_harsh

krypton_harsh Registered Member

nice idea, why not post it in the 1st thread " Changes Expected in the Next Version of NOD32" may be seen my the authorities there,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.