Suggest a good rollback recovery software for me

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by raakii, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raakii

raakii Registered Member

hellos i am new to this forum , pls forgive me if i am following the forum rules
    i want rollback software that have following properties,

1)It should backup or take snapshot of my windows partition only and not the other drives .
    2)It has have hidden pre-os as in ayrecovery, and it MUST be configured to be hidden to the user while booting up.
    3)It should take snapshot exactly once every day.
    It should be configured to maintain one baseline and exactly 5 more snapshot and others should be automatically deleted daily .
    4)Tasking snapshots every day must hidden from the user and it should work silently.
    5)It should take minimum of space not more than 3 gb and must be configured to take space form other drives.

I have already tried ayrecovery , but it does not have individual drive level backup and restore
    (e.g only for windows drive)

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Are you sure you setup ayrecovery correctly? I use rollback rx which is the same program under a different name and i have it setup to work with my system (windows) partition only. When you go to install it you select the custom option and then on another screen you select your system partition only.
    You could also try EAZ-FIX, its the same software again under a different name which can do everything you require and is the same price as ayrecovery.

3. raakii

raakii Registered Member

ok i wil try Rollback Rx ..
    EAZ FIX has a auto check disk feature on improper shut down , is there any way to disable this ?
    Does the rollback rs has the similar feature of auto disk check ?i dont like it as it delays system startup.

4. rwatts

rwatts Registered Member

I think you'll find that the advice given about these programs being pretty much identical is correct.

If you read the AyRecovery quick reference guide here it says:

"AyRecovery™ Quick Reference Custom Setup allows you to configure the program settings yourself, such as where to copy the program files to, what drives to monitor, enable or disable program access control and more."

I don't use AyRecovery but I know from using Rollback that if you select Custom Setup on installation then you then get the option of what drive(s) to monitor.

Robert

5. farmerlee

I think you'll find they're all pretty much the same. The only difference is the price. I don't see a way to disable the auto check, i think its probably mandatory to ensure the program is functioning correctly. By default it automatically schedules a defrag after deleting or creating 4 snapshots although you can disable this in the advanced program settings.

6. raakii

raakii Registered Member

thanks its working fine ,i am using eaz-fix as of now........

7. raakii

raakii Registered Member

i would like know whether first defence isr is better than eaz-fix (and its clone), and in wat features?

8. farmerlee

The original FD-ISR was a good alternative to eaz-fix however its no longer available. The original version has been stripped down and is now called firstdefense rescue. It allows you to have 2 independent system snapshots, its basic use is should one snapshot crash you can boot to the other one and keep on working or create another working snapshot again. This method does use more space as you have 2 independent copies of your OS and the snapshot process is generally slower. However it is a cheaper solution and does work very well if you want a basic recovery program.
    If you like to test a lot of software and have lots of different system configurations then eaz-fix is a far better option imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.