SugarSync and the Z: drive

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Robin A., Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

There is a conflict between Returnil (Rel. 13) and the latest version of SugarSync (1.9.41). The SS Manager (the local program) can´t be opened with the virtual protection enabled, and therefore the backup can´t be synchronized.

The attached window appears. Translation: SS has detected that there are two disks in your system (C:\ and Z:\) which have the same volume serial number. SS requires that all the computer disks have a different volume serial number. To use SS, you need to change the serial number of one of these disks.

Apparently, there is no problem if SS Manager is opened first and then Returnil is enabled.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Robin,
    Thanks for the heads up. I have alerted the engineering team and will post back as soon as I get their feedback.

Mike

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The problem seems to have disappeared in latest version of SugarSync, 1.9.47. The SS Manager opens correctly with Returnil enabled.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Robin,
    thank you for the update. I have alerted the development team.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.