Suddenly image is corrupted..?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bhaydon, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhaydon

bhaydon Registered Member

Like other users, I have been doing regular backups and "Check Images" using the latest "TI for Linux 8.0" build on my Red Hat Enterprice 3.0 system. Over the weekend we had some problems, and decided to restore from a baseline TI image made weeks before, and checked numerous times using TI "Check Image" utility in the main TI application.

When I booted from the TI for Linux rescue disk, as soon as I select the image (.TIB file) to restore, it immediately comes up and says "image is corrupt"...how can this be?

I have purchased both TI for Windows Server and TI for Linux Server...how reliable are these products?

*******I suggest other TI users not be lulled into a false sense of security by assuming that the images are "OK" just by having the Acronis program say they are...needless to say, we are very concerned about our other servers being "protected" by TI.***************

Does anyone have any ideas?

-Bruce

2. A|ex

A|ex Registered Member

when you backed the image up did you VERIFY the image or just assume it was ok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.