Sudden freezes after installing NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by haerdalis, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danutak

Danutak Registered Member

I am not protected right now. Should I download it? It is exe file

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.eset.com/esibeta/

3. Danutak

Danutak Registered Member

Ok I will install it right now. Thanks
    I do want to make chainposts, so I am edditing this one.
    I did unistall the nod. Then installed again and so far so good. It is scanning, is updated. The rest I will read the posts and try to figure it up. ronjor thank you for your help. I will be in touch I promise.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  4. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I went ahead and installed 650 a couple days ago. Last night my system froze. That didn't take long. Nice stuff.

5. guest

guest Guest

My statistic so far with build 650: 25 days and 1 freeze problem at login. Much better than any v3 build before. :)

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Maybe some freezing problems are related to Active mode under web browsers in the advanced setup tree. I had Internet explorer checked and had problems on Dells site when configuring a new system in their online store and also when checking Oprah's site for my wife as she watches the New Earth videos. On both sites I had freezing that went away when I unchecked Internet explorer in active mode.

7. mhbmd777

mhbmd777 Registered Member

Update: I decided to give version 3.0.650.0 a try to see if the intermittent system freeze had been corrected. I'm happy to report that after roughly 3 weeks I have had no real problems with this build, and no freezes. If this version continues to run problem free, I may yet remain a loyal NOD32 customer.

By the way, I installed and then imported BlackSpear's settings ( https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1162261#post1162261 )

8. nwoolls

nwoolls Registered Member

I just bought nod32 3.0 yesterday, installed 3.0 (650), and immediately started encountering system lockups. 2.7 never gave me this issue. After trying many different things, I saw someone suggest unchecking Network Drives from the Media to scan options. For me this completely cleared up the lockups. This is on Vista Ultimate, 32bit. I do have several network shares, some of which are mounted back as drives on the same system. I was still getting the lockups even after installed 657 too. Only unchecking this options seems to have fixed it.

9. bostjan

bostjan Registered Member

There is definitely problem with 650/657 on Win XP. I have a very stable PC and after installation of these two version I couldn't boot it up anymore.

After checking things in safe mode, event viewer listed that easdrv could not be loaded (and few more drivers after it). So I uninstalled nod and it works like a baby again. Took me 4 hours to find out this as I wasn't suspecting Nod at all.:cautious:

Ah also, many false positives on scanning, mainly on Adobe and Nero products.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.