Successful IDE to SATA clone using TI 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dmj99, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmj99

    dmj99 Registered Member

    Jun 12, 2006
    With all the problems I've read about in cloning an IDE disk to a SATA disk, I was very surprized that it worked for me first time quite easily with TI 10. I had a single IDE drive with one C: partition. Mobo is an Nforce4 which can handle SATA at 150 GB/sec. I have never loaded any SATA/RAID drivers onto the IDE drive (F6) when installing windows XP. I plugged in the new SATA hard drive and verified it was detected by my BIOS. After booting up to windows on the IDE drive, I started TI 10 and went to the clone disk section. I cloned the IDE drive onto the SATA drive. After successful cloning, the computer shut down. I disconnected the IDE drive and rebooted. Checking my BIOS, the new SATA drive was now the primary boot HD. I booted up into windows on my new SATA drive. Everything was exactly the same as before. . . I did not even have to re-authenticate windows. My new HD benchmarks at about 60 MB/sec as opposed to my old IDE which benchmarked at 45 MB/sec.

    I was surprized at how smoothly the clone went. I did not use Sysprep or have to do a windows repair installation. I would have done this long ago if I had not read all of the horror stories about IDE to SATA cloning. I admit, the picture might have been different if I was cloning to a 300 MB/sec SATA drive that required some special drivers (F6 pre-windows install) or a RAID installation.

    DeeJay :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.