Substituting a partition

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by joelrosado, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelrosado

joelrosado Registered Member

My Sony Vaio laptop came with a hidden partition for recovery (F11 at boot). But using it destroys all data and reinstalls Windows XP. I recently usedTrue Image Home 11 to create a recovery partition that will let me keep my applications, data and settings. Using an old version of Partition Expert I was able to delete the Sony 7GB partition, but it is now unallocated space. I want to add that space to my main (C:) partition, but nothing seems to let me do that. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Hi,

two possibilities:

1. You need software which can delete and enlarge partitions (e.g. DiskDirector from Acronis).
    This is the easy way to do that.

2. I suppose you have an image of your partition which you want to resize (created by TrueImage).
    Copy the TIB-files on a spare disk. Delete all the partitions on your destination disk. Start your Ti with the rescue-CD and restore the image-TIB-files.
    This is a little more ambitious and this technique can destroy all your data (even if the image is not valid, the rescue-CD doesn't recognize your spare disk/TIB-CDs, etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.