Submit/Log in Doesn't work with L'n'S

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by richter, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richter

richter Registered Member

Hi,

I've been having issues with L 'n' S that has prevented me from using it. I'm Currently using L 'n' S 2.06 b1, but I have same problem with non-beta release.

I use Enhanced Ruleset, with some advanced options enabled - TCP Stateful Pocket Inspection, management of fragmented pockets is enabled as is DLL detection. The rest is default.

The issue is that I cannot submit forms, log in on some sites or post...

Specific would be for example trying to log in on www.mytrashmail.com which I use for disposable emails. When I click submit nothing happens. Browser just halts and there is no interent activity. The same happens with forms you have to fill in before you can download something or when posting on some borads - BBR for example. If I shut down L'n'S it works well.

I doubt it's a bug, but if someone could englithen me what could be causing the problem I'd be grateful. Could it be one of the rules? Uncheck something?

It's non browser specific. It happens with both Firefox and IE.

Thanks in advance.

2. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi richter :)

In the internet filtering tab, put an exclamation mark in the third column in order to have an entry each time a rule is applied.

Then make a copy of your LNS log and upload it here.

:)

3. richter

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of two threads. I guess submit somehow worked but my browser did not refresh or do anything so I closed L'n'S and hit submit again when it worked.

Log is attached. I usually don't save log, so there isn't much. I tried to log in into mytrashmail.com, preview a post here...which neither worked.

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

4. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi richter :)

There is very few entries in your log and no blocking at all except some entries of ICMP type 3 code 4 (fragmentation needed).

Are you sure that each rules have an exclamation mark in the third column?

There is no TCP or UDP blocking entries...

Are you using a router ? May be some port have to be forwarded.

No more idea.

:)

5. richter

Hi,

Thanks for you replies. I appreciate it. It doesn't matter it get resolved or not. :D

There aren't many entries as I have to disable it if I want to post or log in somewhere. It's redicilous.

Yes, I did what you asked me. I'm attaching screenshot and longer log. I did a bit of browsing, but I doubt that'll change anything.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.