Stumbleupon Key extractor...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Rico, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

For win 10, from a elevated cmd:

wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

I can't remember how or when I typed in my key, for win10

also I've read 'jellybean' is installing adware, & not reliable (win10) & the key retrieved is the same. Trying to activate using retrieved key (jellybean) will not activate.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Trying from your link did not show the 25 character key. Post #1 did.

4. roger_m

I understand that. But, why do you need the actual product key? When you install Windows 10 on a computer that previous was running an activated version of Windows 10, you do not need to enter a product key. Windows will recognise the hardware, see that you have a license for Windows 10, and automatically activate it.

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

That probably won't work on replacement HDD (not sure). In the past I've replaced MB then had to call M$ explain then they activated. Where is the key stored in hardware?

6. roger_m

It will work with a new hard drive. The key is not stored in the hardware.
    When you install Windows 10, Microsoft will see that you have previously activated Windows 10 on that computer, and automatically activate it again.

I recently had an issue where Windows 10 became unactivated after I replaced some hardware. This was not a minor change. I replaced the DC Jack Power USB Audio Board, due to old board having a loose power hack. It took two calls to Microsoft, but second time they were able to remotely access my computer and activate Windows themselves. However, I could have activated it myself by using a Microsoft account.
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change

7. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Win 10 handles keys very differently. You must first upgrade using windows update (or the ISO) so that the underlying OS is validated and the hardware ID stored on the activation servers. After you do that you can clean install or change hardware. The only piece of hardware you cannot change is the mobo.

Your previous keys will still be valid in case you want to roll back but you cannot run win 10 and use the old keys on different hardware. You can dual boot win 7 & win 10 on the same machine

VM'S current will be problematic for you in that they have different hardware so you would have to install a previous OS on a VM then upgrade to win 10. I believe the VM situation will change as soon as the free upgrade offer expires and Microsoft changes the generic keys to unique ones

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, October 04, 2015 11:30 AM
    |
    upload_2017-7-30_12-15-15.jpg
    ZigZag3143x
    Microsoft Community
    (MCC, MVP)
    73,875 Points
    I was told by M$ tech key is stored in mobo, hence the above only hardware you can't change is mobo.

I did have to replace a mobo & entering the Key failed prompting a call to M$

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.