stuck on "deployment process preparation"

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by slxplovs, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slxplovs

slxplovs Registered Member

Using SnapDeploy 3 on server 2k3, I often get the standard dialogue "deployment process preparation" when manually deploying an image however the dialogue remains and never goes away. This issue is intermittent but occurs often enough to cause huge headaches especially when I am deploying different images to different groups of computers. I often get many computer pxe booting and waiting to be reimaged - different computers have different images so lets say i have 10 computers to deploy, i'll start from the first one and go through the process of manually deploying selecting a template (each image has it's own template) and when I finally get to the last stage of deployment for a computer often the dialogue appears and stays forever, meaning I can not continue deploying the others until I reboot the server and the computers and start again. Usually this dialogue pops up and goes away quickly and the reimaging process begins. As mentioned occures randomly sometimes right from the first deployment other times after several - no pattern.
    Info whcih may help:

OS=server2k3 r2 sp2
    snapdeploy3 build 3292 (however issue has been present possibly as far back as version 2)
    server: hp DL580 G2 . OS on one raid 10 volume, tib files on a separate raid 10 volume all local drives
    server has little other purpose so nothing else of significance is running on it, no security realtime/scanning security software etc...

server has been rebuilt in the past with a fresh os and the issue persisted through various builds

Hopeing someone else has at least seen this issue currently i find 1 vietnamese website where someone mentioned having the issue other than that nothing else. Knowing what actually occures during this stage when the message appears might also help in troubleshooting the issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.