Stuck in a Kafkaesque Warp...

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by deadmanschest, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadmanschest

deadmanschest Registered Member

:(

Sorry folks, I had to try post a Reply to an existing thread, as I am unable to start a new one...

When I log in/ or come as a guest and try to start a new topic I get the error message reproduced below...I would have Replied in the General Topic above, but I have a Error on SpywareBlaster as well,which I shall post as a Reply to this post...heheh

Thx

dmc

Attached Files:

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi dmc,

I split your post off the SpywareBlaster topic so it could be responded to here. I also split your SpywareBlaster question to it's own thread in that forum section. ;)

First, can you tell us what browser/version you are running? Also, are you using any local proxy or html filtering utilities (including a software firewall with filtering for pop-ups, script, etc) on your system that could be effecting your web accesses? I suspect that there is some interference with the URLs needed for posting new topics.

3. deadmanschest

Oh yeah, I am filtered...

:) Hi LowWaterMark - thanks for moving me in here, I tried to Reply to one of Paul's sticky threads here, but no option to Reply...haha

I think that Proxo may be the cause, but has had no effect in the last year or so...

Browsers are both 'new-ish' the latest build of Firebird (2003 0923) (and they claim to be "0.7+") as well as Opera 7.20. I will try to get in with Opera 6.11 in a minute..no joy, same error on Opera 6.11..

I use Proxo 4.4 with the JD5000 configs, the middle one between basic and hardball, and I have both '*.wilders.org/" and *.wilderssecurity.com/ in my allow cookies blockfile, but thats the only allowance I have in any of the config blockfiles?

All three browsers have full run thru Kerio as long as they route thru Proxo...I use no other filtering software, no pop-ups blocks, nothing in any of Opera or Firebird, I let Proxo do it all. I have all cookies, all images,all everything allowed in all browsers (except that bast**d IE6)..Wait I'll try that as well.....no joy there, even that pos IE6 gets the same error - it routes thru Proxo, but has all permissions set so tight that nothing works in IE anyway...hahaha

So thats it. I do suspect Proxo now that you suggest it...but I don't know enough to examine the log and cure it....Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

dmc

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Well, the first step is to try to determine if it is actually Proxo causing the problem. If you temporarily disabled Proxo and reset your browser to use a direct connection (not through Proxo) and that fixes the problem, then you know it's Proxo. But, if your browser has access here and elsewhere with Proxo out of the loop, but you still can't create a new topic, then the problem is somewhere other than Proxo.

5. deadmanschest

Duh....deprived of oxygen at birth...

:rolleyes: Geeesh...am I a dope or what..

Yes, simply by by-passing Proxo and refreshing the page I am now able to start a new topic.....

Proxo is the culprit.

As noted, unfortunately I am little skilled in dissecting Proxo. I tend to take a 'hit or miss' approach, trying various blockfiles until something works......Not very scientific I am afraid..

I don't want you to waste time on this, if you have a quick idea that'd be great, otherwise I will try trial and error..

Thanks again

dmc

6. deadmanschest

Scroll Lock feature in Proxo...

:) Still plugging away here....

If one hits the 'ScrollLock' button during a page load or a page reload, then Proxo will temporarily add a url site to the 'Trusted Sites' blockfile...

Doing so allowed me to get the proper 'open a new topic'
    screen on the Wilders fora, so clearly thats one way to correct/cure the error caused by Proxo.

Thats one way to do it without using the Bypass...

Now, if I could figure what feature of the Wilders forum is causing the hiccup in the JDConfig for Proxo, I could be more precise in dealing with the error cause....

hehehe

thanks

dmc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.