StripMyRights

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by maxoblivion, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxoblivion

maxoblivion Registered Member

Has anyone tried StripMyRights? It's similar to DropMyRights which limits a program's privileges. I tried using DropMyRights but it wouldn't run on my system for some reason.

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Could you by chance offer us a URL to this? I think i tried a few freelance apps that also didn't work as one might like. On an aside, i always use Admin priv's but you really have to build a hefty wall of protection to run in that manner.

Thanks

3. maxoblivion

4. maxoblivion

Here's DropMyrights:

http://www.download.com/DropMyRights/3000-2144_4-10722876.html?tag=lst-0-1

I don't know why it wouldn't run for me. I even tried running it in safe mode to no avail. It's very legit software and shouldn't be buggy. After recently acquiring a tojan somehow, I have a heightened desire for security. A limited account is a pain for me since I'm always tinkering with some Windows setting so if I can limit my Firefox and Thunderbird privs without going with a limited account, I'm going to give it a try.

5. SFC

SFC Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.