Streaming Media to Xbox

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by lucifon, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucifon

lucifon Registered Member

I recently got Smart Security a few weeks back and i've been really happy with it. However just today I decided to try streaming music to my Xbox 360, only to find for it to not work. After messing about I found it was the firewall blocking it.

If I disable Traffic Filtering on Nod32 then the 360 picks up my PC and allows streaming.

Is there any way to configure the firewall to allow streaming without having to disable it everytime I want to listen to music?

Allow sharing is on etc. File sharing I believe functions correctly between PCs.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

You need to use either of the firewall modes - Interactive or Policy-based .

Open the user interface of the program , press F1 to read more about them.

Then , open the user interface (GUI) . Enter the Advanced Setup Tree (press F5)

1. Navigate to Personal Firewall. Choose Interactive Mode

2. Navigate to Personal Firewall -> Rules and zones . In the right (at the Trusted zone part) , click Setup and choose "Allow sharing"

3. Navigate to Personal Firewall -> IDS and Advanced options
    Make sure all services are allowed (a.k.a 5 options)

4. Open Personal firewall > Rules and zones > Zone and rule setup
    Choose "Toggle detailed view of all riles" (if already not set to this)

Go to "Zones" tab.
    Click the Trused zone and press Edit . Make sure the IP of the XBOX is entered there . If it is part of your trusted sub network , it isn't necessary to add the IP again . Press OK to save the change .

Go to "Rules" tab
    Start creating new rule (use the button called "New")

Name : your choice
    Direction : Both
    Action : Allow
    Protocol : TCP & UDP

Additional action:
    check Log

In Local tab - do not touch here .
    In Remote - here enter just the IP address or the IP range of the XBOX - example 192.168.2.24 .

Confirm with OK . Press Apply . Try again.

3. lucifon

lucifon Registered Member

Thanks alot for this. I figured out using Interactive mode sorted it myself, however I then had problems with my home network.

Using your instructions about the Zones area I was able to allow the networked IP's :)

Thanks again

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.