Strangest BSOD story

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by L815, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L815

L815 Guest

I've been running Vista for about 3/4 of a year with no issues. I've had only 1 BSOD because of a game a couple of months ago.
    But within this week, my computer would randomly bsod.

Here is what I discovered:
    First I thought it was a hardware problem.
    -I did a chkdsk, used HD Tune, everything OK
    -Ran memtest for a bit everything is OK

So then I thought, let me check through the dmp file.
    - The dump said it was caused by some service and related to uTorrent, and then Azureus
    This is because I thought utorrent was the problem, then I tried Azureus and the same problem occurred.

I eventully began using Bittorrent the official client with no problems.. Until I added a torrent that I had been downloading recently.

I didn't notice, but when I realized that this torrent had been active every time I got a bsod, I realized... That's it!

So my many bsod's are caused because of 1 torrent file... Sounds strange, but I have no idea how it would cause it.

I'm 98% sure it's this torrent.

Does this sound plausible?

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

You could also have a look around in the event viewer that may have some more info relating to the bsod.

3. L815

L815 Guest

I found the exact cause of the BSOD just now.

I have been using Wubi to work with Ubuntu, and I had started downloading a torrent into the same folder I use for Windows when using torrents.

When I'd go back to Windows and resume the download, that's when I get a BSOD after a period of time.

The reason must be how Wubi virtualizes itself and how data is written to the "host (windows)" folder.

4. adyextreme

adyextreme Registered Member

hey mate 1 use vpc2007sp1 and your problem willbe gone

that(Wubi) is a more like a emulator badly written heard about

use vpc2007sp1 and u can manage tones of guest stations (depending on your hardware):thumb:

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

then again vpc2007 isnt very good when using linux. never loaded properly when i tryed running ubuntu in vpc2007
    better for someone to use something like wmware server link
    dont think it supports vista yet but it works great if your using XP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.