strange system reboot problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by shek, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shek

shek Registered Member

hi, all,

I have a strange system reboot problem. Please help me out.

Every time I reboot my pc, windows (xp pro sp2) couldn't start up. PC always says," disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter." i pressed enter, but the alert still comes up and windows could not boot up. However, when i turn on my pc, the problem won't show up. i could log into windows immediately. In other words, the problem only happens when i restart windows.

I have checked the disk cable already. the connection is fine. the booting order in bios is cd-rom, floppy and hard disk. but there is nothing in the first two devices.

my system is clean with windows patches only and i just installed it. there is no virus inside.

i built my system three months ago( so i don't think it would be a battery problem)---AMD sempron 2500+(no overclock), kingston pc3200 ddr 1g, gigabyte GA-K8U(bios version F6), western digital WD-800JD(it is a sata HD, but i set it as an IDE in the bios).

any ideas or comments?

best regards,

shek

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
  2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Um probably not this. But since your boot order is cd-rom, floppy and hard disk. Are the cd-rom & floppy drawers empty?

3. shek

shek Registered Member

yes, they are empty.

btw, even there is a boot failure during the restart, the system does detect my HD on its self test.

best regards,

shek

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

It could be a HD-problem.

Perform a extended test with Western Digital's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.