Strange: SB cannot detect FireFox 0.9.3

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Nichiran, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nichiran

Nichiran Registered Member

Hello,

Though I read there can be trouble when your FireFox browser is not 0.9 or higher, mine is. Still, somehow on my computer FireFox 0.9.3 is not detected. It`s set to be the default browser, I have Explorer as well, and my system is Windows XP.

Any thoughts?

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Nichiran.

Couple of things to try.

1st. Make sure FF browser is closed.
    Open SWB, click on Disable all protection.
    Re-open FF Browser.
    Select: Tools>Options>Web Features then Permissions on Load Images. [screenshot]
    If any listed, highlight and Remove All.
    Close FF then run Spyware Blaster and Re-enable all protection again.

See if that works. If there are NO Images listed, still close FF, re-enable protection, and see if it works.

There are 2 primary reasons for FF 0.9 versions not enabling:
    1] You tried to enable with FF open.
    2] There are those images in the Permissions listings.

Note: I am using FF 0.10.1 and it's 'Exceptions' instead of Permissions as in screenshot. But same function.

HTH :)

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

• 042.GIF
      042.GIF
      File size:
      11.1 KB
      Views:
  3. Nichiran

Hmm, no worky.

Maybe I did something wrong, but this doesn`t seem to work. I don`t know what could be the problem...

Is there anything I might have overlooked/can try as well?

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Nichiran.

Sorry, none that I can think of. Those were the primary reasons I remember from reading threads with the problem which I also had the very first time I installed FF.

I myself closed FF, Disabled all Protection in SWB, re-enabled it again, and it took that time and no probs since.

Maybe you could try couple more things. [sometimes a reboot helps]

Make sure FF closed, disable protection in SWB, *reboot*, re-enable protection and see if it works.

Or.... DISable protection, UNinstall SWB, reboot, reinstall SWB, Enable all protection without FF open at all.

Best I can come up with. :doubt:

TAS.

5. Nichiran

Thanks anyway :)

I`ll try again, maybe I did something wrong.

6. KRH

KRH Registered Member

I have the same problem on my Windows ME system, but no trouble at all on two computers running Win98. I believe that I've isolated the problem for my computer, but can't find a solution. Whether it's due to the Gateway OEM installation of Windows or the fact that that computer has multiple profiles or what, I don't know, but my FF 1.10.1 Profiles folder is located in the path, "C:\windows\profiles\(my name\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles" instead of what's supposed to be the default location for Windows ME, "c:\windows\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles" (SpywareBlaster explicitly states that it can't find any user profiles for Mozilla\Firefox). I unstalled and removed all folders and files for Firefox and reinstalled, hoping that I could force it to put its Profile folder in the right place, but no luck. After installation, I tried manually moving the Mozilla folder to the desired location, but Firefox simply restored it to the original place (I didn't think that would work). If anybody has a solution to this problem, it would make me happy. i guess I'll also try posting the problem at the Firefox forums.

7. KRH

KRH Registered Member

False alarm. I got my Firefox profile set up in the desired location, but SpywareBlaster still can't find it. Since I do have one of those computers with the problem that SB 3.2 won't work on it, discussed in the following thread, and I've had to reinstall an earlier version, I wonder if there's a connection.

Wilders Security Forums - problem with 3.2 download
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=40967

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.