strange problem with spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sftxbox, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sftxbox

sftxbox Guest

hello i am having an extremely strange problem with spywareblaster. every time i start the program or do a manual update, it brings up a Windows installer window which says "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage". i have absolutely no idea why this even appears, so i hit cancel. then it says "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage disk and click OK". so why does spywareblaster attempt to install a feature for microsoft office xp professional? i fail to perceive why it would be relevant to the functions of the program. i have to cancel about 5 times before spywareblaster will start up, and everything functions normally once it is open unless i try to do a manual update. if i even try to update, it will bring up the same window again. this problem is agitatiing me very greatly. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi sftxbox,

This error usually occurs when the install of Office was not completely finished or ended with an error.

Uninstalling and re-installing Office should solve it.

Regards,

Pieter

3. msjones

msjones Registered Member

I too have a similar problem with windows xp, only spywareblaster keeps asking me for my dell backup cd. I got frustrated with it constantly asking me for it so I inserted my backup cd. It went through the install process ok, but every time I start my computor or restart spywareblaster it asks me for it again. No other program I have installed in the past has asked me for my backup cd. What is spywareblaster looking for?

4. Don't know if this is the cause but I was having conflict when I installed this update on XP...

Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer (Windows XP)

It was causing problems for me with acrobat reader 6 every time acrobat open I got what you get....

Hope this helps...

you can remove it in the add remove program applet...

5. msjones

Thanks for the email, but I don't use Microsoft Windows Journal Viewer. I checked and it is not installed either. Can anybody think of what else it could be?

6. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I wonder if you could try running this Missing File setup wizard: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/missingfilesetup.exe

Perhaps you have a corrupted or old version of the file on your system, and that's the root of your problems. (Who knows - I'm searching for answers here. :))

Otherwise, this certainly is an odd issue. I've heard of the Office problem before - and reinstalling Office has solved it for every reported case. You seem to have the first reported case of a message asking for the Dell backup cd. :doubt:

Let me know if the above download works - if not I'll keep searching for answers.

Best regards,

-Javacool

7. msjones

OK, I downloaded it and installed it but, same thing.

8. SgtRock

SgtRock Guest

I too have the asking Dell backup CD problem. It came out of nowhere.
    I have recently reinstall WindowsXp and all apps (includingSPB), the problem went away. Today it came back.
    Virus Or Spyware?.
    I have used Spybot,Adware and NAV, AGS to scan for problems- nada.
    Stumped

9. SgtRock

SgtRock Guest

I found a solution.
    Run the Dell CD before opening Spywareblaser on a cold startup. It installs the missing ? and then launch SB. Problem gone.
    NOTE:It does'not work if you put the CD in when SB asked for the CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.