strange problem with jetico fw

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Kaupp, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaupp

Kaupp Guest

HI to all,
    I need a little expert assistance please
    I installed Jetico's latest beta on windows2000 with it's default rule settings, but when I try to use my browser the fw log says that outgoing packets are being blocked to port 80 altough there is a rule for web browsing already preconfigured with the default settings of the fw,I'm completely stumped as I have no problems using other firewalls and I have not seen this problem mentioned before in relation to jetico fw

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Guest

I'm working with it here and don't have any problems browsing or otherwise. The latest beta (31) seems to be very good. I'm not sure what your problem might be from your description. If you allow your browser as a predefined web browser then it should work ok. You might take a look at the rule for web browsers just in case.

Otherwise, I'd try contacting them directly. So far, they've been extremely good about responding to problems and suggestions.

E-mail: support@jetico.com

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Guest

Kaupp... after re-reading your post, I had assumed that you couldn't browse at all there. Are you able to browse ok? If all you're worried about are the rejected packets for remote port 80 in the logs, this is normal and ok. JPF logs everything, including stray packets rejected by stateful inspection, which is most likely what you're seeing there...

5. kaupp

kaupp Guest

Hi Kerodo you are correct the first time,I can not browse at all when I launch my browser absolutely no packets are getting through even though there is already a rule set to allow traffic to port 80

I will try to contact jetico directly now and see if they can help

thanks for the help guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.