Strange installer

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by sapphire, Oct 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sapphire

sapphire Registered Member

This afternoon I unfortunately forgot to restore Zonealarm & AVG after closing them down to see if they were affecting a CD burning problem. I switched my broadband connection off & later switched back on without remembering to enable Zonealarm & AVG. Realising some time later that I had been open to any hacking, viruses etc I started to scan using AVG, Spybot and Spywareblaster. Immediately on opening Spywareblaster a panel appeared "installing" Smartsound Quicktracks plugin.msi" I immediately cancelled this but each time I open Spywareblaster this keeps appearing. I have no need of this plug-in as it appears to be something to do with Premiere and costs $99. Any clues as to why this is appearing on the Spywareblaster screeen and what should I do to remove it?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey sapphire....Welcome to Wilders,

As was noted in our previous threads concerning Smartsound Quicktracks....completing the installation of that program might be your only resolve.

Every time I launch [Name of Program] QuicktracksPlugin.msi tries to launch
    Previous threads:

3. sapphire

sapphire Registered Member

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    I can now sleep peacfully again!
    The link with Quicktime struck a chord as yesterday i updated Quicktime so as soon as I read your posts I thought, "spot on". Have now done as suggested and allowed the installer to finish.....strange that spywareblastershould be the one to pick it up!:)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome and glad all is well :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.