Strange "bug" in Drive Backup 10 Pro?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by diabloNL, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diabloNL

diabloNL Registered Member

I'm trying to make a backup and I saw something strange. I use the files/folder exclude function and have my filters set up to exclude my music, video and pictures. I have the following file count in those folders:

C:\Users\Bobby\Videos - 145 files

C:\Users\Bobby\Music - 802 files

C:\Users\Bobby\Pictures - 2858 files

There are no hidden files.

Paragon is excluding the files in the folders above but shows a much higher filecount. Please see the image.

Only the video's have the correct filecount. But if I delete the filters in settings and recreate them then also video's sometimes shows up completely wrong. I'm afraid to make a backup and restore it because I don't know what is going on.

Attached Files:

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

How are you setting up the file exclusion? If you are using C:\Users\Bobby\Music\*.* you might be picking up more than what you think is there. Try narrowing down the exclusion to *.mp3 for example or *.jpg.

3. diabloNL

Hi Tommy,

I do it like this:

C:\Users\Bobby\Videos\*

C:\Users\Bobby\Music\*

C:\Users\Bobby\Pictures \*

But, I seem to understand what it does. I made the filters again but in a different order. The first filter has always the right file count. I think DB is adding the files to the previous filter:

C:\Users\Bobby\Videos - 145 files

+

C:\Users\Bobby\Music - 802 files

= 947

+

C:\Users\Bobby\Pictures - 2858 files

= 3805!

Right before DB starts the backup it says it will exclude 3805 files and that is correct. The bug is that when he shows the excluded folders seperatly (before showing the total) he shouldn't add the file count to the previous filter but should show them seperatly.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

I see your point. It makes sense to report the individual count of each folder's exclusion rather than what it's doing. I will submit this for evaluation.

5. diabloNL

Thanks Tommy. :thumb:

EDIT: BTW, it still is backing up the so called dummy files for the excluded list. Would be nice if they fix that. Now it shows the backup size will be around 117GB while in reality it is only around 34GB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.