Strange behavior with a Firewire drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chuckz, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckz

chuckz Registered Member

Whem Trueimage is launched it starts analyzing all drives and partitions. The Firewire drive by LaCie (40 GB older drive) has a single partition, however, a bunch of warning messages says "can't read sector #...), and I click ignore, then get 4 partitions on that drive accompanied with cryptic messages.
    That drive was initially format FAT32, and after I discovered this problem I reformatted in Win XP Pro sp2 NTFS. The only change is that I get 3 partitions on the TrueImage windows instead of 4 (after similar warning messages). Disk Director shows the same behavior.
    Chkdsk finds nothing wrong with this drive. I've had no problems reading-writing, too.

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

I have seen no such problem on a combination of nForce2 + on-board Firewire + Maxtor OneTouch II + True Image 6.0 (#350).

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chuckz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? This will allow us to investigate the problem and find the reason of this strange behaviour.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.