Store large encrypted file to DVD

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by SYS 64738, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

I'm not sure if this is really concerning CryptoSuite, but i would like to ask, if anybody has expierenced difficulties when writing encrypted files to DVD.
    I created an encrypted file of about 4.3 GB (one single .CSE file) but i'm not able to burn this to DVD. I'm not very familiar in burning DVDs, but does anybody know if this is a normal issue with DVD burning applications?
    I tried DeepBurner 1.8.xxx, it writes only about 300 MB but it says burning complete without error. I tried also to generate an UIF-file from the encrypted archive with MagicISO and to burn this. Unsuccesful as well (file System indicated as "raw").
    So i have ruined several DVDs. Am I doing something totally wrong? o_O

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

I haven't used deepburner before, XP has a built in burner which has worked OK for me in the past, and I have used NERO also fine. There should be no problems burning CSE files, as opposed to any other files.

3. SYS 64738

Ummm, XP is capable of burning DVDs?

However, I haven't tried it again yet, but maybe the file was a little bit too large. Will try again with 4.2 GB....

4. dantz

dantz Registered Member

I assume Jason_R0 is referring to Windows XP Media Center, which includes direct support for DVD burning, unlike the other XP versions.

5. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hmm, I could have sworn I have burnt a DVD with XP... but it could have just been a CD. Either way I have mostly used NERO, though it's abusive installation does bother me, it isn't installed on any development machines of mine.

6. SYS 64738

So, i was able to burn a large .cse file to DVD finally. The issue was that the file has to be smaller than 4 GB. I think this about something like given storage capacity of 4.7 GB and real storage capacity which counts with bits and bytes. :blink:
    I believe now, it was not an issue with CryptoSuite for sure.
    Thread may be closed...

7. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I copy large encrypted files to DVD's all the time. Actually they are encrypted containers...

I don't know about CryptoSuite but my Sentry containers work flawlessly...

I hope this helps!

8. clicx

clicx Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.