Stopping Explorer from searching within tlb files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by akhsj, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akhsj

akhsj Registered Member

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I cannot find a solution. With ATI11 and XP SP2 Explorer, when I search the disk Explorer searches within the created tlb files, rather than just treating them as data files. This makes search very slow and returns extra results (when it does not crash Explorer altogether). What I want is for Explorer to treat the tlb files as data files and not search wiithin them.

What is the registry or other fix to change this behavior? Thanks.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Not sure if my issue is the same as yours but ever since installing TI2009, when I undertake a search of my C: (including non-indexed areas), as soon as it hits My Documents I keep getting a new window opening up showing My Documents and asking me to Locate Volume 1. The search continues whether I do anything or not but if I click cancel the same window keeps appearing until the search is finished.

Any help/advice to prevent this from happening would be great.

PS. My TI backups are kept on my external hard drive (on my G: drive) and I'm using Vista 32-bit.

3. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

Find Shellview on the net. It may be listed as shexview.zip or something like that. Sorry I don't have a link right now to give you. Run Shexview.exe and disable Acribus True Image Shell Extension. That stopped Explorer from crashing for me. However, it also kept me from opening a archive with Explorer to see what was in it but that was no great loss considering the crashes didn't happen anymore.

Good luck and let us know if this helped.

Whoops! Am glad check before hitting the 'Submit Reply' button. Here is one link to download it. There are others.

4. akhsj

akhsj Registered Member

Fantastic - I think that is fixed.

I think you meant NirSoft's ShellExView available here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html. I'd forgotten about that program (used it once before). I just disabled Acronis True Image Shell Extension and Acronis True Image Shell Context Menu Extension. It seemed that Explorer recognized the changes immediately without requiring a reboot, log off/on etc.

Thanks!

5. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

Great! I'm glad you got it fixed.

Dumb me. I said I was going to give you the link but I forgot to paste it in my reply. I had copied it to paste already!

6. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Good man! Fixed my problem too. Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.