StopBadware.org's First Report Targets Kazaa

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by ronjor, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Story

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I couldn't get access to http://www.stopbadware.org/ this morning.
    The 4 tested softwares isn't really a sensational beginning and Kazaa is old news, but you have to start somewhere.
    I sincerely hope they test the rest of all these P2P softwares, because I never saw a decent website of rogue P2P softwares
    and they all seem to have a different opinion.
    If one website considers winMX as good and another website considers winMX as bad, I've seen enough.
    My rule is simple, I don't use any of them (good or bad), because downloading objects from an unknown source is always 'dangerous' and trying all my scanners on these downloaded objects isn't good enough for me.
    Besides, not using P2P was one of the very first preventing rules I learned at SWI, so there must be a very good reason for this.
    Nevertheless many users keep on using them and stopbadware.org could be a big help to choose at least a good P2P software.

My trouble with stopbadware.org is that the quantity of softwares is too huge and it will take a very long time to test all these softwares and a very dedicated team to do it and keep on doing it. In theory it sounds like a dream, but is this possible in practice ? Partly maybe as long as it lasts.
    They tested one of the screensavers, which are a gold-mine for malwares, called "Waterfall 3", well good luck stopbadware.org, they are plenty of them. :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

"The longest journey begins with the first step."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.