stop the scanning

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by don Clarke, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don Clarke

don Clarke Registered Member

i have been selected for some fool with a scanner as a target.the attacking ip is 174.36.193.171

i have done all i can to find the origin of this ip but he is behind a firewall and therefore impossiple to track down

i an getting hit every 3 minutes (Thank god for outpost)
    i have not been scanned like this since the late 90's

i cannot track this fool down exect for maybe the service provider is SOFTLAYER TECHNOLOGIES INC

after that my limited experence fails me

any tech with a few minutes could proberly get the info i need to send a abuse email to the server and perhaps stop this constant scanning

any help will be thanked

Attached Files:

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Keep in mind if your are using P2P software it could be a Media group trying to lock onto a open port.

4. kmr1685

kmr1685 Registered Member

i am also get the same scanning for over 7 days continuesly my firewall blocking it, but only problem is i am not using any p2p software. but anyway this is total madness he want try to find out what is going on my side there are many other ways available, not by attacking my poor poor machine. anyway they are large corporate scumbags so nobody can talk about them or do against them. as usal this is internet so anything happen be prepare for it and ready for any of.......... ? well what to say. P.S. i literally do not know what to fill in the blank space anyone have any idea, ideas always welcome.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

As long as it's not disrupting your bandwidth in any way, or affecting anything you do, who cares? Whoever it is is just trying to bother you, and they are succeeding. Just ignore it and let your firewall do it's job. It'll go away eventually...

6. HKEY1952

HKEY1952 Registered Member

Welcome to Wilders Security Forums don Clarke.....

Port scans are ongoing throughout the Internet. There is no person behind this attack that has singled YOU out individually. In fact there is no Human involved at all.

The real culprit is an brand new shinny computer sitting on an stand in an air-conditioned room where all the walls, ceiling, and floor are painted white and scrupulously clean.

The best defense against this type penetration is to place the computer behind an reputable Firewall Router.

If the computer is already behind an Firewall Router, then the Router is allowing the Port to be open. Perhaps the Router is not setup correctly, or does not support the following:

The Router should Block Wide Area Network (WAN) requests such as:

01) - Anonymous Internet Requests
    02) - Multicasts
    03) - Internet NAT Redirection
    04) - IDENT (Port 113)

Blocking the above at the Gateway or Networks Edge will stop such unwanted infiltration into the Local Network.

HKEY1952

7. don Clarke

don Clarke Registered Member

thanks everyone...I.ve done my bit and sent an e-mail to the provider. I'm too old to go on the chase any more....so I will take your advice and let my firewall (Outpost pro) take care of business.
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone...feels nice here :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.