Stop renewal messages !!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zooburner, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooburner

zooburner Registered Member

Hiya there

Is there any way to stop ESS being 'NagWare' it reminds me every single time i log on by placing an ugly pop-up right in the middle of my screen telling me that in XX days my subscription will run out. this I have to click to get any work done, this is the kind of software behaviour that we have ESS to stop !! I really wouldn't mind if it had a 'remind me when its 3 days' or 'don't remind me again' option, but it doesn't

I don't intend to renew (I'm going to use a different solution) but I do want to get every last day out of it.. preferable without being nagged !

Is there any way to stop this ridiculous behaviour and be able to start my computer without having ESS block my screen ?

Z

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

As if as I know part of current design and can't be disabled

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i agree i use retail boxes so i dont renew. and this is VERY annoying

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There are options in v5 to prevent the program from displaying specific notifications, however, I have not tested it with the renewal notices.

This is actually a question which has come up before (see this reply in a message thread from last year) and it is something ESET for which is trying to find a balance.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. BBear309

BBear309 Registered Member

The renewal warning is annoying!

I absolutely love your product...but, I do have to say...this renewal warning...is getting old. I get paid when I get paid and I'll renew it when I get paid. Is there a way that you can program in a remind me in so many days dialogo_O This is the ONLY complaint I have about your product. And, it's so small...but...

[MOVE]ANNOYING!!!!![/MOVE]

Thanks

6. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

[MOVE]Renew me Now,Renew Me Now[/MOVE]

I guess I will find out in about a year when the license gets ready to expire on the kids puter.

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Keep in mind that there's no one solution which is going to please everyone. In the v2.5 codebase timeframe, when I joined ESET, notification consisted of one single message popup that displayed for seven seconds when a license was two weeks out from renewal. If you were not looking carefully at the computer when it appeared, you would never know that a renewal was due.

There is always going to be some kind of notification in the software for when a license is going to expire; aside from it being a sales mechanism, it's a security/policy issue, like how modern automobiles beep and display a warning LED when their fuel tanks are almost empty.

ESET is always looking for ways to do things better and make customers even more satisfied, and I would be happy to forward any reasonable enhancement requests that you or anyone else reading this message thread might have about how renewal notifications could be improved to ESET's product managers.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

first let me say i love eset and have used it in some form since 2.5. i also own probably a dozen other av's since i just love to test out and be able to see what others are doing and also so i can provide my customers with support who use the various av's when they bring their systems into me for service.

i think a simple option to show the pop up or not would be entirely reasonable personally. then the user can decide if they want the pop up.

or maybe something like show pop up and have a frequency option like maybe once a day or every x hours or x startups. something similar to how avast has their notifications options. i know eset doesnt want to be another company but its one thing i love about avast (and i own 12 eset lic's so i AM a eset user and i love it but i also use avast and own 9 lic's for it as well). not sure if any of my suggestions you feel are reasonable enough but i think one of them would for sure allow the users who want it to have it and those who dont to either not see it or at least not as often i personally would not even mind a once of day option if i can maybe set the time it pops up then people could set it for the times they are on so they do see it.

thoughts?

9. BBear309

BBear309 Registered Member

I think a reasonable request would be to ask them pop up with a reminder dialog that requires user response. This makes it so that people can't say "I didn't know". And then they could set it to remind them again in so much time...say a day, a week, or, a specific day. :thumb:

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.