Stop: 0x00000608 - No Info

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pratzert, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

I know.. and It was next on the list.

But I have had botrh apps on my PC for months now without a problem.

But I HATE the fact that I cannot stop Norton from starting no matter what I seem to do.

And it runs scnas when I dont' want it to and is constantly "Updating" itself.

I dont' understand how they lived togeather for a while an dnow something causes a problem.

Something has updated itself in a bad way.

2. pratzert

I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

It's obvious that somehow, someway, RollbackRx is playing a part in these crashes.

The PC has been runnign fine without it completely Uninstalled.

But I LIKE my Rollback Rx and have paid good money for it as well as just paying for the annual mainteneace "Gold" plan just last week.

Up until about two weeks ago or so, everything had been fine.

Now I DID experience similar problems like this several moths back, but they seemed to resolve themselves.

COuld it still be a problem with a Memory Stick ?

Maybe Rollback was trying to utilize a portion of memory on the stick that is suspect. Even if it was intermitent or random.

Do you all think it would be a good idea to at least try swapping out memsticks on at a time ?

I sorta think that would be my next move rather than uninstalling and reinstalling software and getting nowhere.

3. MICRO

MICRO Registered Member

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The stop errors will be in Event Viewer.

Check out these steps from Microsoft to configure... (and see the attached image for how I have my XP configured).

"You can also review the system log in Event Viewer to view the critical stop error that occurs when the computer restarts. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
    308427 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/ ) HOW TO: View and manage event logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
    To configure the way that Windows responds when the computer stops unexpectedly, follow these steps.

Note: You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from completing this procedure.

Log on to the host computer as either an administrator or the owner.
    Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    Under Pick a category, click Performance and Maintenance.
    Under the or pick a Control Panel icon section, click System.
    Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
    Click to select any one of the following check boxes under System Failure:

Write an event to the system log
    Send an administrative alert
    Automatically restart"

Attached Files:

5. pratzert

Page42 & Micro,

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Since I had some new memoery sticks and it is an easy thing to do... I went ahead and swapped out the sticks. Yes... I said stick(S).

I con't whihc one was the bad one or if maybe even both of them had a problem... but at $50 a stick... I figured it may be a cheap solution.

And so far.... IT WORKED !

24 hours later... no BSOD's.... No crashes... No errors.

I'm gunna keep my fingers crossed... but so far so good.

Thanks again to everyone for your help & guidance.

Regards, Tim

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

If you purchased your memory from Crucial, they will accept returns in the first 30 days.
    I recently was near the end of my wits on a BSOD problem, and some diagnostics were pointing to the possibility of bad memory.
    I spoke to a Crucial sales rep who encouraged me to buy the sticks and try them, if for nothing else, at least to eliminate memory as a culprit.
    I did and found out the sticks weren't the cause.
    I paid for return shipping, but Crucial refunded my money.

7. pratzert

Actually... I did buy the sticks from Crucial. Just the new ones though.

But the sticks I removed were OEM from Dell and long past their warranty period.

The PC is 5-6 years old.

I still figure it's not too awfully expensive for the peace of mind and a properly running PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.