Still Trying to Find a Workaround

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by leehigdon3, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Still trying to find a way to set a delay for NOD's update module, until after my wireless connection synchs with my router. Right now, all I'm getting is failures and error messages and I have to manually update the data base. Have tried changing the connection from LAN to Dial up and to other. Have also changed the planner/scheduler to reflect a dial up connection as well. Nothing works.

I noticed that the NOD control center loads from the /run registry with the following switch added: /WAITSERVICE. I'm assuming that means the CC won't load until the service loads. Does the loading of the control center affect when the automatic update module starts ? If yes, is there a switch that could be added to further delay the loading of the CC?

2. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Registered Member

Have you tried some of the freebies available on the net that will reorder the start-up of items? Do a google............should let you specify in what order you would like things to start, timing, etc.

3. leehigdon3

No, I wasn't aware there were programs that can do that.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

yes, you can alter the order of startup items - however, I'd think that delaying NOD32 from starting would open a window of opportunity for an infection - I don't think it's that good an idea.

Once the NOD32 fails to connect because your wireless network is slowish to start, does it mean that it fails to run it's next appointed update in an hour?

In the scheduled events, I have two tasks disabled - one is NOD32 at dialup connection - the other is NOD32 update at computer restart. Disabling these sped up my startup, and the "every hour" update continues to get their updates - have you tried that kind of setup already - ie, disable the startup and dialup update, instead rely on your regularly appointed updates, plus the occassional manual press of the update now button.

hth

Greg

5. leehigdon3

I've tried those recommendations and unless I stay logged on to the system beyond an hour, I'll have to update manually at the next log on.

I've passed a recommendation on to the developer to add another option for updating, so I'll wait and see if it gets implemented.

Thanks.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried setting your connection to Dial-up?

Cheers :D

7. leehigdon3

Yep. Doesn't work. If I have it set to update every hour, only if I'm logged on will it update. Otherwise, I get a slew of error messages about inability to connect to servers. If I have it set to update at log-on, nothing happens if it is set for dial up.

I did ask NOD tech support to see if they can add an option, much like BOClean has; to update evry XXX hours, starting YYY minutes after boot up. This would solve my problem as I have BOClean and know this works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.