Still getting websites popping up

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by canthpern, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canthpern

canthpern Registered Member

I followed the instructions and uploaded the updates and such, but I am still getting websites popping up. I am running Windows XP and AOL 9.0 - AOL is no help in this matter. I am at a loss. I get so many websites loading that my computer crashes.

HELP! HELP! HELP!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi canthpern,

Can you explain your situation a little more? What instructions did you follow and what updates did you load? Which security product are you trying to use? One of the Javacool products - SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard?

Thanks,
    LowWaterMark

3. canthpern

canthpern Registered Member

Oops sorry. I am using Spywareblaster. I used the instructions on the Spywareblaster website. I downloaded the updates from Spywareblaster and Microsoft.

I have been having websites just open as I surf the internet. I cannot visit any website outside of AOL without getting several websites just pop up. I can't get any work done.

I get websites that up like www.netshowtimes it then turns into counter-microsoft internet then to ie-microsoft internet.

In just the time it took me to type the above I had 7 websites pop up. It is so frustrating!

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It sounds like you might have existing spyware on your system or are getting a form of popup that is not blocked by SpywareBlaster's ActiveX protections. (You see, there are many forms of spyware out there. SpywareBlaster blocks one very dangerous form that can install without warning things like dialers and hijacks, but, there are other forms as well.)

Before we do anything else, I think you need to do a scan with HijackThis. It's a tool that will show any spyware that's installed and running on your system. There are people here who can analyze it if you post a log here for them to review...

Hopefully this will help us to determine where the problem is.

5. gaggen

gaggen Registered Member

try GGSearch 3.7, it works for me.
    it has a popup-blocker and it blocked in only a month about 752 popups.
    goodluck: gaggen from norway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.