Still cannot see rules under SYSTEM...

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Chuck_IV, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

Can some from Eset PLEASE address this?

I noted it in the first beta and again in the RC here...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=189703

and now in the release. When you create a new rule under SYSTEM, it does NOT show in the list of rules, thus I cannot change or remove it. I have a rule out there now, that I created, granting access to my HR20, under system that I cannot see, yet it is there.

This is a BIG security risk, if you happen to create a rule that is wrong, because you cannot see it to remove it or correct it.

2. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

If I'm not wrong and you are running in Interactive or Policy Base modes you only have to enable one option to view the rules for System.
    Then in the Zone and Rule Setup you have to enable Toggle Detailed View of all rules.
    That should do the trick.

Attached Files:

3. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I have mine set on auto but I notice that Firefox & a couple other apps are not added. I guess my question i show to I chg a rule on an app if it's not in the list...

4. MasterTB

You won't see any rules or zones on auto. That has been discussed already, those rules ar temporary and are not recorded in a way that the user cann see/change them.

check this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190060

5. Chuck_IV

Chuck_IV Registered Member

I have my rules setting exactly like you show in the screen shot. All Rules(Including System) is what is being shown and I still don't see the rule. I created a rule under System called "HR20" to allow certain TCP traffic, for media sharing. The rule took, but it's not listed under System. The rules that were predefined show up, just not the one I created.

Are you able to create a new rule under system and have it show?

6. MasterTB

Like I said, if you enable the Detailed View under the Zone and Rule Editor you'll see the rule.
    I created one called 3 to allow port 80 under System, I'm posting a screen to show you. It is listed at the bottom but it is there....

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.