Steve Jobs vowed to 'destroy' Android

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

"My phone is better than yours"....fantastic, and on a security forum too. Should we break out the "Your mom" jokes now too while we're revisiting the 8th grade?

2. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Symbian is too out dated now .. im looking forward to windows + nokia collaboration - lets see if its capable to give android a run for there money

3. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Its about android vs iOS , the phone thing bird started :rolleyes:

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Excuse me, let me right this then *ahem* "My mobile OS is better than yours!"..there ya go, fixed. Still waiting on the mom jokes to commence.

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

But thats what this discussion is about !!!

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

But that doesn't make the discussion any less stupid!!! Lol :D Come on guys, lol, why do people care who uses what? What do we care what Steve Jobs said? The guy is dead and I highly doubt whichever direction he ended up going, up or down, that he even gives a damn anymore. Worry about the crazy data caps and extortion phone carriers are committing, not what OS is on a phone, really.

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

So he really wanted to destroy the company's finances as well, before ultimately going down himself?

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

He evidently very firmly believed a lot was stolen. And you know, to play devils advocate here, it's not exactly impossible that things were stolen. Tech companies do this all the time, hopefully we all know that by now. His comments about going broke to make sure Android died were a little extreme, and I sincerely doubt he would have ever made such a stupid mistake. But to say the theft did not happen, without being an employee of either company or having some kind of inside knowledge, is ludicrous and simply fanboy talk. Steve knew, some folks at Apple know, and some folks involved with Android know. Steve can't talk, and nobody involved is.

9. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

10. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Hence the obvious irony. One should focus more on his/her own faults than others first.

11. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Based on the article in the first post, I extrapolate that everyone using any type of GUI on anything owes Xerox because they were arguably the first to have a workable GUI with the Alto. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xerox_Alto
    Of course, I am wrong. Just like IMO, Steve was wrong with his feelings.

If there is so little difference between Android and the iPhone, why are users so often opposed to each other? Lawyers aside, the answer to me seems they are not alike at all other than they are boxes that run code...

**EDITED FOR CLARITY**

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  12. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.