Steve Jobs Resigns

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dw426, Aug 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I felt slightly weird about posting it. One, I wasn't sure it was real. God knows TMZ will do anything for a buck. Two, simply that they will, and posted a picture of the man who truly does look close to death, made me feel weird about posting it. I for once agree with the majority of comments on the site, TMZ should not have posted it. It almost looks like the photo was planned though, maybe the poor man just doesn't care anymore. Why would you? You're likely weeks, months from it all being over, who gives a damn about publicity and such at that point?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

IMO I think its ok you posted.Take care of your self ladies and gents, your never to young or to old to get sick.Go to the darn doctors already we are not Androids.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

When I saw that Pic I got chills in my whole body :'(

Though I have read that the day he resigned, he had been on the Apple HQ the whole day so idk if he really is that ill as the feeling one get's from looking at the Pic. But he isn't fit for fight that's for sure.

And he looks worse on that Pic than he did on the last keynote he did couple of months ago. :(

4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

If I were you I wouldn't feel guilty about posting it. After all it isn't much different from the last official pictures that we have all seen of him. The shocking thing is to see him as a real sick man off stage, out of his usual environment. Tabloids are what they are, we are not overly concerned about seeing pictures of dead Lybian soldiers decomposing in the heat, but obviously seeing Mr Jobs dramatic physical changes towards certain death is affecting a large crowd (including me).
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/26/t...ffection.html?_r=1&scp=7&sq=steve jobs&st=cse

5. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

My feeling is that even being that sick, Apple is his life, and if he can be there at the company and do something at all, he will. Clothes can hide a lot, plus, a couple of months is a long time of daily withering away from cancer. You can go from looking really ill to the walking dead in a very short time, especially towards the end. It's actually the higher profile people that cause you to pause and think. All that fame, fortune, praise, and for what? What's all that going to do when you're at the end? You can't buy death out.

6. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

7. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I'm starting to wonder if TMZ has ticked off the wrong people. It's been offline since late last night. It wouldn't shock me, the comments there over posting that picture were getting pretty rough.

Edit: It's back up now.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  8. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

All the best wishes to Steve, I hope he gets better.

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Oh yes I know. Four persons in my family have/had cancer so I know very well fast it "can" go if one is unlucky.

IDK if I should say this but I do it anyway...

This spring my father started to get much pain in is throat and he couldn't eat very well and lost much weight and fast, and he visited different doctors (you know how it is, go here, go there :argh:) until one of them finally looked down his throat and saw a little (idk what they called it, not a tumor something else) and they took a cell sample of it. And a few weeks after we got the results, wich said it was a "not so serious" type of cancer. And he have been in treatment now since the beginning of June and so far everything is going as planned. :thumb:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  10. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

iPad to iQuit

Good luck to him.

11. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

He's rare guy with so much vision and innovation. I give credit where it's due and if it wasn't for his company, technology wise, we'd be stuck with laptops as bulky as a microwave, phones with poor screens and menus, software which plain stinks to use, and media players including tablets stuck with no more added features than my Sony walkman.

I was never a fan of itunes, some of their initial pricing strategies for products, but they have allowed companies like Google, Samsung, asus, HTC and many others to improve products with the winner being the consumer.

In my opinion a lot of the people who pay out on apple products are people who have never owned an item of theirs. A friend has had one and that was it. Generally their support and services from where I'm from is exceptional, quality of product such as monitors and work systems such as battery life/resolution/build is excellent, and downtime minimal.

You only have to see who is running Microsoft, see his views on the iphone and ipad to realise how influential or detrimental a CEO can be to a company's progress and vision. Plenty more vids like these including blue screens at launches, laughing at google's operating system (by the way, android rocks - if I could run photoshop on it, I'd be set. Apple's OS already does.), to realise who has gone backwards because of stubborn thinking. Hope Steve Jobs does get better or at least has many more years to live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eywi0h_Y5_U

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  12. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

SweX, thanks for sharing that story. Hope your father gets to full health. I too have had a parent make a full recovery from cancer.

13. whitedragon551

I feel opposite. Almost every piece of technology he has used comes from someone else. He wasnt really innovative at all. Tablets were around in the 80's. He just slapped his logo on one and then they were cool. :rolleyes:

14. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Uhhh, tablets from the 80s are a completely different animal from the iPad. Hell, even ones from the early 2000s are different. Am I an iPad fan? No. The only thing I've ever owned from Apple is an iPod (loved it). But even I as a tablet layman can see the differences between past tablets and the iPad. By the way, who doesn't copy off others? You think any computer out there, any smartphone is an original? Every piece of tech comes from the government first, then is handed down to civilian use, so no, nothing we use now is an original idea, at least in terms of hardware.

15. whitedragon551

Obviously there were differences, but nothing revolutionary. Apple took technology from others including their screens.

The best part about this is who doesnt copy others? Nobody copies Apple. As soon as they do they cry wolf and file a lawsuit.

16. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Yeah, unlike MS who doesn't sue anyone for patent infringement...oh..wait.

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

You are welcome.

Thanks for letting me know, great to hear that. It gives me some peace in mind. :thumb: I forgot to say that he have gained weight again so that's not an issue anymore. :)

18. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

We all wish, both Steve and anybody similarly affected, the very best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.