Steve Jobs has Died

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kerykeion, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

R.I.P Steve............

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

A man that took technology and made it cool to use, R.I.P.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

We have lost a true innovator of modern technology. RIP Steve, you will be missed. :'(

4. guest

guest Guest

Very very sad.

RIP Steve Jobs.

5. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

RIP Steve, I have never used a Apple product but I respect his influence he had :(

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

There's nothing sadder to read than Jobs resigning in order to spend some quality time with his family,only for there to be barely any time at all.The World is certainly a less interesting place with the passing of this remarkable innovator...R.I.P.

7. njespo

njespo Registered Member

i suspect it will be a very long time (perhaps never) before we ever see someone like him again. may he rest in peace.

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

:'(

My sincerest sympathies go out to Steve's family and friends

Rest In Peace Steve

9. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Farewell

Rest in peace

we are going to Miss an amazing brain in this world

10. SweX

SweX Registered Member

11. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

A real monument in marketing, therefore all respect, and may he rest in peace.
    His crew brought so many innovations, and while his company's real intentions where/are to keep computer related technology out of the hands of less well-off's and the poorer among us, he still brought the ideas others could build on for *any* of us.

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

13. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak spoke with The Associated Press Thursday morning about his friend and former business partner Steve Jobs.
    -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK_XEGrzHUo

14. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

15. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Even I agree the man was not a God, and he certainly had the most iron of fists outside of a true dictator. But that article..ouch :D I do disagree that he caused this "ignoring of people because of gadgets". That's been going on since MP3 players and texting came about. But no, the man was just that, a man. He was bright, innovative, and knew more about marketing than 99% of the marketing departments on Earth, but nonetheless, a mere mortal.

16. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Look, it's no secret that Apple uses foreign factories and workers. Very, very few corporations use U.S labor and factories. There is a reason for that, regulations and higher costs. Even Jobs told President Obama this, and warned him of a one term presidency if this was not rectified. I'm not trying to turn this political, but the fact is that business is going to go where it is cheaper to operate. The bottom line trumps all. Anyway, the guy is dead, and probably trying to convince God to convert the "Book of Life" to digital format :D So there's no point really in discussing what he did or didn't do. Now we look to Tim Cook, whom, I believe, will be a very different leader for better or for worse.

17. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

No one's saying he's not a horrible person. The first thing he did was cut apple's entire philanthropy project. The guy was a dick and there are plenty of cases to show this.

Doesn't mean he didn't change the world. Doesn't mean he's any less human. Doesn't mean he deserved to die young.

18. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

19. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I agree with you. While I wouldn't go so far as saying good riddance, I certainly am not in awe of any Apple products. I absolutely hate the Mac's operating system, I think Windows is infinitely better, despite it's flaws. I also don't like their laptops - what kind of idiotic design is it to build a computer without any harddrive activity light?

20. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I gotta admit that when you put Jobs up against most of the people on the list above, he looks rather unimportant :D I'm not certain I would have added a traitor (Cromwell) and communists to a list of people who otherwise made a positive change, but to each his own. Speaking of politics, how about we lay off the insults to a particular set of people, eh? After all, no one brought up the mass-murdering, power hungry leaders that have filled the ranks of the Communists, have they?...Oops..guess I did.

21. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It all depends on how you view Cromwell, warts & all, & his New Model Army, he even had a WW2 tank named after him. To my chagrin, my ancestors fought on the Royalist side during the Civil War.

Regardless of how Jobs is perceived at this moment, I reckon history will still view him as an innovator. I don't think he will get a tank named after him though.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  22. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Because this thread has taken a turn into politics, it's time for Steve Jobs to rest in peace. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.