steganos internet privacy

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by headquarter, Nov 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. headquarter

headquarter Registered Member

Hi:I was wondering if anyone has used the
    steganos internet privacy
    thanks in advance.

2. controler

controler Guest

I have heard of GmbH but not this software. I took a quick peek at the site and will try out the 7 day trial. Although 7 days this holiday time of the year can be tough to try software. ;)

I like the feature to change your camo identity every so many seconds.
    Scrambling info is always good. If only a anonymous browsing softwarewould auto encrypt our data on the fly huh?

"If you want, your camouflage identity can change every second"

Here is the link for those interested.

http://www.steganos.com/en/sia/

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

GmbH- stands for: Gesellschaft Mit Beschraenkter Haftung (type of company with limited business, sort of). Every (almost) German firm has this trademark. Steganos is no exception!

SIP is good product but anonymizer (if you choose to surf anonymously) may slow down your internet connections!
    Steganos InternetTrace Destructor has 2 methods of shredding:
    -Complete overwrite ( less secure)
    -Multiple complete overwrite (DoD 5220.22-M/NISPOM 8-306 technology) – more secure.

While ur there take a look at Steganos Security Suite!!!

Technodrome

4. controler

controler Guest

Nice easy to use feature full product, All in one package, just the way i like it :D Where have you been hiding this one ?

Has an encrypted X drive. Encrypts-Decrypts e-mail. Allows to send decrytper package so mail receiver does not need special software to decrypt. encorporates a pretty good file shredder, a Internet cleanup package,(recycle bin, recent urls ect) Lock computer, password manager. I have included some info taken directly from the help file on the encryption Algos used. Hope the authors don't mind.

"Algorithms used in Steganos

We are security experts, not mystery-mongers. Noted below are algorithms used in Steganos Security Suite 4 and why.

Encryption

Two different algorithms are used for encryption.

1. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)

The AES algorithm has been selected in October 2000 by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as the successor of the Data Encryption Standard (DES) that was originally designed by IBM. DES has been the standard for encrypted information for 30 years and is now considered obsolete. The AES is absolutely secure. It uses a key length of 128 bits. It is used in the Steganos Safe, in the file encryption (Steganos File Manager), and in the Password Manager.

2. Blowfish

The algorithm has been developed by the renowned company Counterpane Internet Security. Blowfish is also regarded as absolutely secure and works with 128-bit keys too. The Blowfish algorithm is used to encrypt hidden information and e-mails.

Cryptographic hash values

The SHA-1 algorithm is used to generate cryptographic hash values (cryptographic checksums).

Steganography

The so called matrix encoding minimizes the number of bits that have to be modified to hide data within carrier files. This makes the information even harder to detect. Steganos Security Suite never uses steganography without cryptography.

Key agreement

The Invisible Key Agreement (InKA) is implemented using the Diffie-Hellman-Algorithm (2048 bit).

Data destruction

Conforms to the norm of the U.S. Ministry Of Defense (DOD 5220.22-M/NISPOM 8-306) and goes beyond. Not only file contents but filename, size, date and attributes are destroyed. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.