Status of Pivx

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by spiff5000, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiff5000

spiff5000 Registered Member

Does anyone know what's going on with Pivx? Their telephone line is disconnected and their stock is trading at $.07.

Spiff5000

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

My guess is that they will go out of business, I mean they have a nice app but if you think about it, I don´t see how they can built a real succesful business around it, I mean PreEmpt can only be a succes if they know about certain bugs (serious security holes), and don´t tell the rest of the world, know what I mean? :rolleyes:

3. spiff5000

Well, I understand your reasoning, but I don't agree. I'm a one-man IT shop and I manage 100 PCs. Batch files are a pain in the butt. For people like myself, who have neither the time nor desire to tweak reg settings or remove exploitable dll's, having software to dynamically 'harden' Windows as zero-day vulnerabilities are discovered is a worthwhile purchase.

If they are going out of business I hope the code for PreEmpt gets bought by another company, like Sunbelt or Prevx, to enhance an existing firewall product.

Spiff5000

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well, I´m talking about the home version of course, I do not know the about the benefits of the small business or enterprise edition. Maybe they should try to sell their product to another company, but it is kind of strange that things went bad so quickly, a few months ago everything was looking good. :cautious:

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

6. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

7. spiff5000

Their web site is down. Kinda hard to do business without telephone service or a web site.

Spiff5000

8. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Their site is working at this moment for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.