startup scan issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Salamander, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salamander

Salamander Registered Member

I posted earlier about a problem with NOD 32 and SideStep travel software, which among other things is integrated with IE. NOD 32 classifies it as malware, even though it is software I have intentionally downloaded and use. Every thing I opened IE, I would get a warning message. I put it in the exclusion list in AMON, which solved that problem.

However, everytime I boot up (and NOD 32 runs a scan) I get a warnihng message. This also happens anytime I run a manual virus scan. Is there a way to tell NOD 32 to ALWAYS ignore SideStep, and quit warning me already?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Not that I can think of. The ability to exclude specific items from on-demand NOD32 scans is not there in the present software. This has been added to the "wish list" thread, and I sure hope it gets implemented in version 3.0.

The only workarounds I can think of are to turn off detection for all adware/spyware/riskware, or to explicitly tell NOD32 to scan everything else in your computer, except the files involved. Neither one is what I could call a particularly good choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.