startup scan issue

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Salamander, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salamander

Salamander Registered Member

I posted earlier about a problem with NOD 32 and SideStep travel software, which among other things is integrated with IE. NOD 32 classifies it as malware, even though it is software I have intentionally downloaded and use. Every thing I opened IE, I would get a warning message. I put it in the exclusion list in AMON, which solved that problem.

However, everytime I boot up (and NOD 32 runs a scan) I get a warnihng message. This also happens anytime I run a manual virus scan. Is there a way to tell NOD 32 to ALWAYS ignore SideStep, and quit warning me already?

2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Not that I can think of. The ability to exclude specific items from on-demand NOD32 scans is not there in the present software. This has been added to the "wish list" thread, and I sure hope it gets implemented in version 3.0.

The only workarounds I can think of are to turn off detection for all adware/spyware/riskware, or to explicitly tell NOD32 to scan everything else in your computer, except the files involved. Neither one is what I could call a particularly good choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.