Startup Recovery Manager in Safe Load Mode - is this possible?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hey_tommy, Aug 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey_tommy

hey_tommy Registered Member

Is there a way to load the Startup Recovery Manager in safe mode, by holding some keyboard combination, for example, or to be provided with the same choice as one gets when booting from the Rescue Media CD?

I have an external USB optical drive, and my current motherboard's bios only occasionally detects it as a USB storage device - which means, half of the time I can't boot my computer from a CD or DVD. Unfortunately, the full loader version of Startup Recovery Manager locks up as soon as I get to the main screen, but the safe mode works fine. Also, since I'm using the Windows Vista Beta 1, True Image does not work in Windows, at least not for image creation. This leaves me with the safe mode boot loader as the only option for creating images - which isn't really a big deal IF I could use Startup Recovery Manager in safe mode...

For now, I'll tinker around with some of the SZ data and compare it to what's on the Rescue Media. If there's no other option, I'll have to Hax0r the SZ ;)

Thanks in advance,

Tom

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that it is not possible to start Safe mode using Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. However, you may send the sysinfo.txt (please read Acronis Help Post about how to create this file) to support@acronis.com and we will try to find out the reason of the hanging when you use the Full mode.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.