Startup Recovery Manager and XP Bootmanager

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HK460, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HK460

HK460 Registered Member

Hallo,
    I use a computer with 3 different XP Installations on 3 hds ( HD 1 on IDE Channel primary master, HD 2 on primary slave and HD 3 on Scsi ).
    I change the installations with XP Bootmanager, installed im the mbr (master boot record) of HD 1.
    If I want to install the startup recovery manager of True Image 10, the mbr will be overwritten.
    How can I restore the XP bootmanager?
    Can I use Startup recovery manager and XP bootmanager at the same time?
    Is there an other solution (other bootmanager, not in the mbr) ?
    Thanks for your help

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Why do you want to use the TI Startup RM? You can have almost all the features of TI on the bootable Rescue CD.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HK460,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I may assume that you use boot.ini file to control the boot process of your multi-boot system. If this is the case, than you can use Acronis Startup Recovery Manager without any restrictions. It will not affect the boot process.

Please also note that as Ralphie said, you can obtain the functionality of Acronis Startup Recovery Manager using Acronis True Image Bootable CD. You can find the detailed instructions on how to create Acronis True Image Bootable CD in Chapter 10. "Creating bootable" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.