startup monitor

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by n00b, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n00b

n00b Guest

2. dog

dog Guest

Hmmm ... it comes bundled with something else
    There are better tools available without something else packaged with it. The best being AutoRuns by Sysinternals.

Steve

3. G-Force

G-Force Guest

"There are better tools available ...." I am with you all the way my friend! ;)

GF

4. n00b

n00b Guest

personally, i use processguard.

someone in another forum was spoutin' off about how everyone should try this startup monitor program. i saw that advanced tool bar was coupled with it as well. they don't give you the option to not install it, but tell you it can be removed in the add/remove programs menu if you don't want it.

the whole thing looked very suspicious to me......i was just wondering what all of you experts had to say about it! thnx.

5. n00b

n00b Guest

by the way, i did try it out. after i unistalled it, it left something in my startup folder in msconfig called:

startu~1.exe

i disabled it, but a quick google search didn't give me too much info!?

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

7. n00b2

n00b2 Guest

Hey n00b, PG doesn't handle autostartups.

8. Tom772

Tom772 Guest

hi, give startupmonitor and startupcontrol a try from mike lin @ www.mlin.net

>Startup Control Panel is a nifty control panel applet that allows you to easily configure which programs run when your computer starts.
    >StartupMonitor is a small utility that runs transparently (it doesn't even use a tray icon) and notifies you when any program registers itself to run at system startup.

T:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.