Starting to loose my confidence with ESET.

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by DarrenDavisLeeSome, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

I really don't appreciate that generic response to my Tech Support submission: I have to reinstall ESS 4.0. Blah, Blah, Blah. They could have at least asked me if I had already did the uninstall/reinstall bit.

Ever since I first subscribed to ESET I have had 2 friends of mine switch from their current AV/Security subscriptions over to ESS 3.0. They both only purchased a year subscription. Over the last couple of months or so I have had 3 more friends expressing a profound interest in quitting their current AV/Security subscriptions, and I highlighly recommended going to ESS.

I'm strongly considering not only to tell my 2 friends already with ESET SS to DROP IT and NOT RENEW, but also to tell my other friends to nevermind my recommendation to switch to ESET SS.

Hello??

ESET??

Are you there??:rolleyes:

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm a little confused, you didn't actually describe the problem you're having?

3. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I sure did.

Even sent them a pic of the Event/System log files and the detailed description.

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello DarrenDavisLeeSome,

I have sent you a PM.

Thank you,
    Richard

5. tokatee

tokatee Registered Member

While ESET products are top notch, I find their Eurosecure support team lacking in their ability to actually listen to the customer.

6. nippa

nippa Registered Member

It's when new versions of ESS3 appeared on the download site without explanation that I began to wonder if anyone actually controlled the operation of this company. You would have thought that at least an email shot alerting users to version 4 would have been cost effective but marketing and customer support seems lacking.
    The problem of CPU usage at 100% seemed to be brushed aside and although one or two posters gave possible explanations and tweaks to avoid the issue, there was no real support or resolution.

Yesterday I started to move back to Norton thanks to posters in this forum that alerted me to the fact that the 2009 version is less clunky.

7. DarrenDavisLeeSome

I was more upset than anything else with that email I got from them. But, I must admit, it was not the first time I got something so rudimentary from them. That's initially what sparked me to start this thread. I was mad. Needed to let off some steam. LOL

I got to thinking about something else that might have contributed to my issue. I might have a more specific Windows XP problem with the popups that was brougnt about with the new System Updates Tool in ESS 4.0. Gotta do some more research.

I reckon I'm just trying iron out what I can. I got lots of people asking me about ESET's SS4.0 and I want to make sure I don't give them a bum steer.

That and I am quite leary of anything that Norton (Symantec) puts out. I don't care what the reviews say. I think their reviews are rather lofty so I read them with a very BIG grain of salt. I personally do not care for any of the garbage that comes with Norton 360 or NIS 2009. I don't need: online storage, Back-up & Restore, PC Tools,etc..., plus the minimum of 3 users. I wouldn't have it on 1 computer let alone 3, if I owned 3 computers. Norton left a horrible impression on me the last time I upgraded with anything from them and I was a long time loyalist.

It was very depressing to watch Norton fall into the SHEETER the way they did. I stuck with them as long as I could. They actually gave me a free upgrade of NAV 2005 from Norton SystemWorks 2003 Suite. I was rather disappointed with the results. Got more disappointed with the ensuing upgrades up to NAV 2007. I bared with it hoping they'd fix things. When the NAV 2008 monstrosity came about I gave Symantec a couple of more shots and tried both 360 and NIS....it was disgusting. That did it. So long.

8. tokatee

tokatee Registered Member

I personally think that ESS v4 is a great product; as well as Nod32 v4. However, as I have stated previously, they are lacking in the customer support area. I think that that is a common issue with all software corporations. But in order to keep them on their toes, we as consumers need to shop around.

Last year I tried all of the major AV trial versions (except Symantec), and my general findings indicate that there are only a hand-full that I would use. Of course those would include ESET, TrendMicro, and Kaspersky. One trial version that I tried last week was Hauri ViRobot. I personally feel that ViRobot, with its built-in firewall and HIPS capability, is possible better than the previously mentioned products. I would certainly encourage anyone reading this to give ViRobot a test drive.

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This thread has veered off topic. Comparison threads are not allowed here much less in an official support forum.

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.