Starting ms-dos

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by letnes, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letnes

letnes Registered Member

I am running Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8 build 1158. I cloned a Windows NT4 SP6 SCSI disk a few months back, however now when I do a restore of the image of the disk to a ATA disk and try and boot it hangs at Stating ms-dos.

Any ideas?

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

MS-DOS isn't present as a layer (or anything) on NT based OSs. You mean when it boots it hangs?

3. letnes

letnes Registered Member

Yes, it hangs on boot. It goes through post and the last thing it does before it hangs it types starting ms-dos. The only thing I can think of is that it might be trying to boot from the HP utilities/config drive. I will have to look into the boot.ini file to see what partition it is trying to boot from.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello letnes,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please be aware that in order to clone your Windows system or migrate it to different hardware, you should first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (sysprep).

Please find the information about Microsoft System Preparation tool at our FAQ.

We recommend you also to download the latest update (1206) of Acronis True Image 8.0 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available here.

If the problem still persists after using sysprep please contact us again.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.