Starting IMON

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by squire, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squire

squire Registered Member

Downloaded the trial version 2.51.20 installed on WinXP Pro. Unable to get IMON to start. The message I receive is:

ERROR OCCURED WHILE REGISTERING IMON TO THE SYSTEM

Nod 32 would not install conventionally. It was necessary to install in "safe" mode, chose expert installation, and turn off AMON, IMON, and EMON. This installation was suggested by Eset Tech Support. I replied to them about the IMON problem, but have not received a response. Can anyone help me get IMON up and running?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Maybe there's another LS Provider that interferes with IMON, or the registry is corrupted. Try using lspfix (freeware, can be found on the web) to repair the LSP chain by removing all unnecessary LSPs. Do not make any changes unless you are 100% sure what you are doing, otherwise you might end up with a broken network connectivity.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Further to what Marcos has written, you can find instructions on repairing Winsock here.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

4. squire

squire Registered Member

Thank you Marcos and Blackspear for your reply. I'm a little confused; what is a LS Provider? Is Winsock the same as the LS Provider? Do I have to repair both? Please excuse my ignorance, but I've not experienced this problem before with NOD 32. It just installed and away I went. I don't think I'm experiencing any other difficulties that I can tell.

5. Blackspear

Hi squire, just run the tool found in the link that I provided, after this make sure IMON is running, if not, then "repair IMON" by going to Nod32 Control Centre> IMON> Setup> Miscellaneous> Network configuration changes> Repair now.

Let us know how you go...

6. alglove

alglove Registered Member

LSP = "Layered Service Provider". This is a way provided by Windows for network-related programs to have access to the network data coming in and out of the computer. Firewalls and antivirus programs often make use of these. Think of it as a "plugin" type interface.

"Winsock" is an interface used by Windows programmers to access network data. "LSP" is a particular feature found within Winsock 2.

When you repair the LSP chain as described by Marcos, this just fixes the LSP part of the Windows networking software.

When you do the full Winsock repair as described by Blackspear, this does a more complete repair of the Windows networking, totally resetting the LSP chain back to a "clean" Windows installation in the process. If you have any programs that use LSPs, they may need to be reinstalled.

I hope this makes sense.

7. Blackspear

Nery nice Alglove, appreciated.

8. squire

squire Registered Member

Your suggested fix worked, I think. IMON is now running and I set it up according to your "Extra Settings for NOD 32", except nothing is showing in the HTTP compatibility setup portion. It's blank. If I understand your illustration, I should see my browser, Firefox, at least. Do I need to do the repair from within IMON now? Thanks for sticking with me on this problem. I really appreciate your help and the help of the other gentlemen as well. THANK YOU all!:thumb: :thumb:

9. alglove

alglove Registered Member

The HTTP Client Compatability entries do not get added until you start using programs. That is, as you start using Firefox, entries in should get added automatically. Use Internet Explorer, and more entries should get added. By default, they will be added as "Higher compatability". Just click on them if you want to change them to "Higher efficiency".

Again, the entries should get added as you start using the programs. Are you saying that this is not happening for you?

10. squire

squire Registered Member

Everything is now working!. Browser is now seen in the HTTP compatibility setup. My sincere thanks to you and all who offered help. What a great bunch of guys. And Eset Tech Suipport responded late yesterday, after the repair was done. They too are great in helping a potential customer with a trial instalation. Thank you again! :D :D

11. Blackspear

Good to see Squire, and thanks for reporting back with your progress as it no doubt will help someone in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.