Start-up files scanning

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by pegas, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I have noted the start-up files scanning shall be performed at the successful definition update but only once within 24 hours.

Having v667. In v657 the scan was executed daily or maximally every other day but under the current build v667 the scan has not been done within 6 days. Hence I run it manually and everything seems OK.

BUT, does it mean the ESET did in their new build some changes related to this scan or the scan is also dependent on other parameters? All other scheduled tasks run as they should.

regards,
    pegas

2. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

Mine hasn't scanned at startup since I installed the latest version either. It may just be that the date isn't updating. Perhaps someone can advise.

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Glad to hear that someone else encountered it also. I feared I am alone thus something might be wrong with my ESS.

I call attention of Marcos or Lukas, ESET's members to clarify.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

How do you know? Have you put eicar to the run key to test it?

5. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Marcos, they're saying the Last Date Scanned data needs to be accurate regardless of whether it's Scanning but showing it Did Not - I, too, show a Last Scan After Virus Update of 6/18 (.667 setup correctly & .567 Updated Both Dates OK) BUT my Scan After Logon correctly shows Today a.m. when I logged-on-

Your eicar suggestion is short on details for my expertise but it would be nice if Pegas or Jenee can prove the Scan Is Occuring After Virus Updates (or Logon) But the Date is just Not changing. I think there is an Issue that needs fixing, particularly if the Scan is Not Occurring.

6. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

My last update shows as 27th June but the startup scan date still shows as 20th June for the scan that is done after an update. The scan that is done after logon is correct showing 27th June. I don't know how to tell if the startup scan after update has been running and I don't know what putting eicar to the run key to test it means or how to do it.

7. Marcos

If no threat is found during a startup scan, the results are not logged. Otherwise a bubble with an alert will appear and you'll also see the threat listed in the "Detected threats" log.

The picture below explains it:

Attached Files:

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I confirm the exactly same behaviour. Probably only two options, either the scan after startup is not executed at all or the scan is done but the date is stuck old. While doing the startup scan manually (via right click on the task) it shows the correct date. This must be a hitch of v667 as in v657 all dates were showing correctly.

9. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Marcos, the Date data referred to is in the Scheduler module, not Log Files/Detected Threats -

Attached Files:

10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

ESET folks, where are you to drop your comments?, we are keen to get know what you are doing with the said shortcoming?

You should talk to your consumers if you want to retain them!

11. Marcos

A newer version with a fix for this quirk will be released soon.

12. Leschy

Leschy Registered Member

13. Marcos

14. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

@ member Leschy,

I have merged your posts concerning EAV scheduling issues and respopnses into the ongoing support thread you started. Let's attempt to keep EAV issues separated from ESS issues Please.

your ongoing thread---> Start up Scan - never done or just not logged

15. Leschy

Leschy Registered Member

OK, sorry, will use the original thread.

leschy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.