SSM Rules

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by screamer, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I've got a question about adding / editing rules in SSM. Unlike Optpost FW, where you select the app and click modify / edit rules... Then you're brought to a menue of sorts where you actually have choices to make. When I click edit rules in SSM, all I get is a pop-up box w/ tree menue opening in SSM w/ <type of file: exe>
    How does one actually add / edit a rule? I'm stumped
    Obviously I mean manually editing, I know how to create rules using SSMs pop-up box.

tia,

...screamer

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

To add an application. Open SSM / rules / applications, select a "group" right click ->"Edit group~Add rule for file"

To edit application rules, Open SSM / rules / applications, select the application you want to edit. At the bottom of the window you have a number of "Tabs" for various options (application protection etc), if you double left click the application, you will get a popup window with further options (Parent->child, libraries etc)

Attached Files:

• SSM.gif
      SSM.gif
      File size:
      68.8 KB
      Views:
  3. screamer

Thanks Stem, it's appreciated.

Actually I use the process you describe. The only settings I configure are:
    <Process Control> <Protection> <Network>

I guess I need to read up more on setting hooks, injecting dll's...

My question actually is: Why when I right click an app under <Rules><Applications> |Normal| <Context menue> Edit Rule for instance do I get a menue that shows SSM?

Attached Files:

4. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

From a right click, if you choose "Edit rules / Add rule for file" This option will Add a rule for a "New" application, and will open the browser for you to select the application.

To edit rules for that specific application (from a right click) go to "Special Permissions" or "Advanced properties"

5. screamer

Thanks! :)

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Your Welcome. It is a bit of a maze with SSM to find the settings at times. (It does not help that SSM have a tendency to change where/how setting are changed, without a change log to show these changes).
    SSM team do certainly know how to control the OS, but their ability to put this in a UI is at times not done well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.