SSM Free Real-World Experiences

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by glentrino2duo, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Yahoo keyboard hooks are just as you mentioned herbalist and i block them also without no problems.

System Safety Monitor is a real invaluable gift that is been a long time coming and i'm estatic with joy AND CONFIDENCE to see it finally here.
    SSM updated version releases are OK for the masses i suppose but they don't always spell the kind of improvements i desire such as the new registry layout which if i followed that progression would have set me back to another learning curve i really don't need, it is been quite sufficient all along AFAIK and also some additional new settings only serve to force more time to learn then tweak them and that's time, for me anyway, better spent on my usual local malware capturing & research.

SSM is rock solid as-is for me and also since it heavily positions & attaches itself to the XP SDT Table aka: hooks, it's sufficient enough to intercept plenty of behaviors and otherwise possibilities which allow to set ABSOLUTE rules where i deem they are needed most.

I can't see ever steering away from this HIPS even if Kaspersky6 does offer it's own flavor of application/process firewalling because SSM covers a lot of territory in all the right areas that benefit from it's regulating.

2. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

Two of the differences between free and full SSM:

Fast user switching support

Installation mode

Exactly what does it mean? What do you miss if you use the free SSM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.