SSD Alignment w/ HDM 14?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by RPMtl, Nov 22, 2013.

1. RPMtl

RPMtl Registered Member

It appears that a HD Alignment Tool is not included in HDM 14's many tools so I have to trust that SSDs are properly aligned during the restore process.

Does anyone now if an SSD restored using HDM 14 will always be properly aligned?

R

2. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

It appears so. Many modern imaging tools, such as Acronis, Macrium Reflect are all automatically do 2028 sector alignment. I have not tried hdm14 yet but I would think it also do the automatic alignment too.

3. RPMtl

RPMtl Registered Member

Thank you Oliver :)

R

4. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

The alignment process is done in the copy/restore/partitioning/virtualization process as well as in the Migrate OS to SSD.

5. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Thanks for conforming this.
    Yes Paragon HM is a great set of tools. Have been using Paragon for more than 10 years.

6. RPMtl

RPMtl Registered Member

What prompted my original question is that I've previously used/bought Paragon Partition Align v2 and v3 to repair misaligned restores resulting from using non-Paragon software to restore to an SSD. I expected to see Partition Align 4 included as part of the HDM 14 Suite. But I guess it's not needed if it's automatically aligned as part of the restore process.

At some point I'll have to test it all. For that I'll have to wait for a time when I can deal with the possibility of it not working and making a mess of my system, which is a risk with all recovery software. For now I'll just have to trust it will work if disaster strikes.

R

7. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

If you prefer you can use msinfo32 and go into the hardware information and do the math for the partition offset and make it divisible by 1024, if it divides evenly the partitions are aligned properly.

Also, just to let you know the actual PAT utility has always been a separate purchase and that goes for all versions of Paragon products, but it was integrated into the Paragon processes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.