SS3 Scripting Explained

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

As I continue to wade through the vast features of TDS-3, I was wondering if someone would explain SS3 Scripting to me, please. I've read a quite lenghty post in the Private DCS forum that just served to confuse me more.

Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I can tell, the SS3 scripting feature allows one to run some type of code written by the user. But I fail to understand the benefit of doing so. While I'm not a programmer by trade, I have done some VBA work with MS Access. What type of programming lingo are we talking about here? I might want to learn it. And maybe someone could post a short example of code that might demonstrate why this feature is so useful. Thanks!

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi D&C

in the TDS private SS3 scripting forum are several examples, you should configure the forum there to show all postings from the beginning to get some ideas and working with the examples available for download from the TDS download page. In the forum here are several examples too, in the Test/Demo sticky posting among others i pointed to one example of the several in this forum, a nice integration with speech, msagent, interactive use of scripting with TDS.
    SS3 is kind of enhanced VB or VBS, while TDS reads JS and VBS too. To have some idea one could best get the manuals for those and try if SS3 does that for you too. SS3 was intended to add extra functions for yourself, but people use it for whole bigger programs the more they get into the scripting. But many people don't post their products there, so we don't know everything created unfortunately.

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Hi Jooske,

I found some example scripts (actually one posted by you ;) ) and tried to get it going. In TDS-3 when I try to open the SS3 Editor I get a message saying "SS3Edit.exe Not Found" o_O . Am I supposed to have this file?

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi D&C,

Did you have a look at this page:

http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=download

My file ss3edit.exe is in the TDS-3 sub-dir Scripts

Does that help?

Regards, Jan.

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

And i'm not 100% sure where the ss3edit.exe should be located as i copied it to both the TDS directory and the Scripts main folder, so try when it works for you.
    To run the scripts choose Load script and double click it to make it running.
    If you want to know what it is about open notepad and drag the script to it so you can look without trying to run it. They are rather descriptive as examples.

6. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Jookse helped me out with the ss3edit.exe as I had the same error notice. I opened the TDS directory with Windows explorer and found it with the files (not in folders) I then followed Jooke's instructions to copy it and have the editor available now without the error.

7. Dazed_and_Confused

All,

Working great. Thanks (I think - now i'm going to be up all night playing with this now toy)! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.