SpywareGuard won't open

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wyoming, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyoming

wyoming Registered Member

Hi Everyone!
    Thanks for trying to help me.

I'm running Windows XP Pro with SP2. I downloaded SpywareGuard without any errors. It created a desktop shortcut for both SpywareGuard and to get the updates for SpywareGuard. SpywareGuard will not open from the desktop shortcut. Also it will not open when I use Windows Explorer to find its home in the directory structure. The automatic update desktop shortcut does work. Also I can use the system tray to start Spyguard and it says it is working. I did unstall and reinstall SpywareGuard from a different site but to no avail.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Best regards,
    Wyoming

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That is actually the way it is supposed to work. The main desktop icon and the program itself in it's home directory, do not open the SpywareGuard management interface. The only way to open the interface is to right-click (or double-click) the SG icon in the systray.

The main desktop icon is simply used to start the SpywareGuard background processes if they are not already running. To test this, you can open the SG interface from the systray icon, and use File > Exit. The SG icon should exit and the background processes should close. Then double click the main desktop icon and it should restart the program and restore the icon to the systray.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.