SpywareGuard versus SpySweeper fight...

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Zidane, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane

Zidane Registered Member

I use SpywareGuard for a quite long time... A few days ago I downloaded SpySweeper (from Webroot) software and after installing SpySweeper I encountered weird problems - every time I access Internet Options and then close it - doesnt matter if I change something or not - SpywareGuard warned me "Your IE homepage has been changed! From www.seznam.cz to www.seznam.cz" - no change at all, just annoying warning... and the warnings appeared after installing SpySweeper... so I resolved this problem by uninstalling SpySweeper - it is not freeware, so the "SG or SS" decision was an easy one - SG won :) And after uninstalling SS the problem disappeared - no annoying warnings anymore :) So where can be the problem? Why SpywareGuard and SpySweeper fight each other? :)

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I believe SpySweeper has a browser hijacking protection component - it is possible that's conflicting with SpywareGuard's Browser Hijacking Protection.

I'll have to give it a try on a test machine and see if I can reproduce the problem. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.